This position is responsible for daily set up, start up & troubleshooting of injection molding processes on the production floor. The Process Technician must work with a sense of urgency to promote on time delivery and lowered setup times. This position coordinates with Material Handlers to ensure that part to part internal setup time is minimized.
ENTRY LEVEL QUALIFICATIONS:
• High school diploma or GED
• Ability to work well within a team environment and ability to work independently
• Able to work night shifts and overtime including weekends
• Follow company and safety rules
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of all aspects of injection molding machines
• Intermediate PC skills including Microsoft Office suite
• Minimum of 3 years of plastic injection molding processing experience
Responsible for following prescribed standards of CNC operations, beginner set-ups of established processes and meeting cycle times of those processes in the machine shop. Operator must be able to meet standards set forth in our AS9102/ISO metrics plan concerning quality, cost and delivery. Should have knowledge of, and be responsible for supporting lean manufacturing principles and teamwork throughout the company. Act as a positive role model in accordance with Altek's desired behaviors. Work with a sense of urgency to promote on time delivery and adhere to the goals and expectations as defined by management. Successful candidates must have a HS Diploma/GED and CNC Machining Certificate or at least 3 years as a machine shop operator in a manufacturing facility.
Minimum 10 years experience as a Machinist; AAS Degree or Machining Certification and High School Degree or GED required. Experience with equipment common to automated machining environment (Lathes & Mills); Able to read/interpret blueprints; Knowledge of shop specific machines/controls (Mazak/Fanuc/Fadal – Mill and Lathe) - Click the link below to apply and/or to read the complete job description.